What's this all about?
As an advocate for domestic violence awareness, we thank you for your interest in our Domestic Violence Awareness Self-Defense workshop. This event aims to contribute to the collective effort to bring awareness to domestic violence and equip participants with practical situational awareness and self-defense skills
Is Prior Martial Arts Experience Needed?
No prior martial arts training is necessary, participants will experience fun, engaging, and interactive activities suitable for those without martial arts experience and those who have prior training.
What will the workshop cover?
The seminar will cover situational awareness, verbal judo, effective physical techniques, and the importance of personal boundaries. Participants will learn practical skills that can be applied in real-life scenarios while developing a sense of empowerment and self-confidence.
Is this a hands on workshop?
Yes. Participants will practice self-defense techniques as part of the workshop. We ask participants to wear comfortable athletic clothing, closed toe gym type footwear, and bring a water bottle.
- What You Will Learn and Practice
- Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Escapes from chokes, grabs. holds, and pins
- Self-Defense Responses to Physical Attacks
- Setting and Enforcing Professional and Personal Boundaries
- Workshop Objectives
- Develop Layered Awareness, Avoidance and Safety Strategies
- Learn Verbal and Non-Verbal Techniques to Manage Safe Boundaries
- Practice Self-Defense Responses to Physical Attacks
- Understand Situational Risk Management (Every Second Counts)
- Workshop Details
- Facilitator: Charles W. Gooden Jr.
- When: October 14th, 2023
- Start Time: 0900
- Finish Time: 1300
- Where: Makai Recreation Center
- Venue Address: 100 McChord Street on JBPHH
- Attire: Comfortable Athletic Clothing
- Ample Parking Available: Yes
- Rest Room Facilities: Yes